Friday, September 5, 2014

Well hello there....

It's been a while since I've been back in the blog realm....I've been keeping up with everyone else's blogs but without a doubt slacking in my own. (**Warning this is a picture overload post**)

Truthfully I don't even know where to start, this summer has been really busy, I've spent a mass amount of hours on my wakeboard and even though I'm not very good it's still one of funnest activities there is!  I went on a road trip to Arkansas with Tana and Ashley to see Miranda Lambert and a two mini road trips to Houston with Hannah and Ryan to ride at WakeNation Houston!  I've had most of my family come through for a short visit at one point or another and I even had Jill and Tana come down for a weekend each.   Oh and I also took that one trip, you know to the other side of the world....how could I forget to mention that :)

I'll start with the trip to Romania!   This was a life changing experience that I will take with me forever.  My eyes were opened to ways of life that I had never seen, nor imagined.  We got to serve the people of Comani, Romania by doing home visits to pray for families and take them necessary food items to help them get by.  We handed out numerous New Testament Bibles in their language.  We also helped out with Kids Club, which is basically like our Vacation Bible SchoolThe biggest part of my week in Romania was spent at English club where I helped teach the youth of Comani basic English.  We were informed by our host family that if these kids didn’t learn English there would be no way for them to safely get out of the village or find a job to ensure a better way of life.  Every day was so exciting to watch the kids learn things.  




















My team member Kevin put together this video and I just had to include it!
http://vimeo.com/98802704

After Romania, I had a 23 hour layover in London...I know I know, it sounds just awful right?!? I was able to hit all the major spots and my phone tracker said I walked over 22 miles that day.  (such a rough life)



















That trip was most definitely the highlight of my summer!

Stay tuned for what else has been going on in my life in the posts to follow :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment