Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

What a weekend!! I did NOT get a lot of running in this weekend....Ok, actually I got none in...but it was such a fun weekend.

On Friday after work, I went back home to Rotan to hang out with my parents before their "surprise" retirement party on Saturday. (It was supposed to be a surprise, but my Aunt and my Mother talk too much and nothing is ever kept a secret!!!) It was a lot of fun to have all of my family and close friends together to celebrate all the years my parents gave to teaching! Pictures to come!!

On Sunday I woke up early and drove to Lubbock in time to go to my old church there. And afterwards surprised Jill at Rockfish, which resulted in excited screams, big hugs, and customers staring! I finally got my Rockfish craving satisfied while I waited for Jill to get off :) We spent the rest of that afternoon layed out by the pool. Then it was off to dinner at Fuzzys...YUM. We finished the night by going to sing Karaoke, and I must say that Jill, Susan, Chelsea, and I rocked out LFO's Summer Girls!!

On Monday, I finally got to see Renee and her little girl, Harper. When I moved to Waco, Harper had just been born and now she almost 3 months. She is such a cute baby girl!! I miss them to death! Then I made the long journey back to Waco.(oh how I love being in the car) I have to add that since it was a holiday, the police where out in full force and I did not...I repeat did NOT get a ticket!!! If you know me at all you know how big of a deal this is!!!

It was a whirl-wind of a weekend, but one of the best weekends to be able to be with all of my family and friends!! Hope you all had as much fun on your Memorial Weekend!! Now it's back to work and back to training...Zumba tonight followed by a quick mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment