Friday, April 19, 2013

A loss for words

I woke up this morning and thought to myself, 'Can we just erase this week and try again?'  Two major events occurred, that have hit closer to home than I'd like. 

First, though I've just starting in my running, my goal is to one day run in a major marathon.  When I heard about the bombings in Boston, I froze for a second while reality set in.  I had just run in the Austin 10/20 the day before same type event, just a different venue.  My heart hurts for all of those who's entire life will forever be changed.  So many who lost limbs and lives, it's not ok.

Secondly, I live in Waco, just 15-20 miles away from West.  The explosion in West wed shook the walls of my apartment.  One of my dearest friends, Dana, is an EMT first responder and was less than 200 ft away from the blast.  She is physically ok, but I hurt for her because she lost classmates and friends.  I wish I could take away all that she saw and felt that night.  To have someone so close to me have to go through everything she has with this breaks my heart.  But I know how blessed I am to have her in my life.  She is one of the strongest people I know and I can only strive to be as brave as she is.

With so much going on in the world I realize more and more just how blessed I am.  I have, without a doubt, the BEST family and friends.  I have the ability to do any and everything I want to.  And I will never take any of that for granted! Ok, Ok, I'll step off my soapbox now :)

TGIF and here's to having a great weekend, Love you all!!







1 comment: